As reported previously, the newly hatched chick died and the second egg is unviable.
Cameras have been turned off for October and November, as there will be a Controlled Burn in part of the Nature Reserve forest, home of our nest - if conditions are favourable.
The adults continue to be seen on their favourite river roost.
This sample, when analysed will be compared to the other data we’ve gathered over the duration of this research project.
We would like to thank Taronga Wildlife Hospital for doing such a wonderful job caring for SE15.
Incubation continues, and it is wet and cold today. A sudden gust of wind tossed the female right over the other day, though she resettled, if somewhat ruffled and even embarrassed. It seems that this female has again shown a tactic of delayed incubation and it will be very interesting to see the difference in timing for hatch. We first glimpsed the egg at around pm and assume she laid it shortly before. We supervised several hours of maintenance work on the cameras and their mountings, including cleaning the lens and adjusting the sound.